In my quest to find other teachers who have incorporated their challenges, perspectives, and successes into the blogging world one blog stands out to me for the authors' professionalism, insight, and creativeness. "If Bees Are Few" found at
http://ifbeesarefew.blogspot.com/ inspires me with its professional use of widgets, organizational structure, and relevancy to the teaching profession. The most current post "
Fair Use Guide for a Digital Age" provides details as well as a copy of the publication
Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Media Literacy Education. When I read from Charles Youngs' blog I look into the perspective of a teacher who has taken a global as well as a local view of his teaching. Global in the sense that he guides his students through the web and its available technology, and local in the sense that he deals with the cautionary measures it takes to publish local and personal information on the web. He also links to a list of other blogs making his blog site part of a larger network flow. I have also incorporated many of the blog widgets into my own blog like the tag cloud and the Shelfari widgets.
Enjoy this prime example of professional networking!
3 comments:
It's funny, Cody, that this person's organization, professional use of gadgets and insight inspired you. Because, I have to say, these characteristics are ones I have attributed to you. In math class class, I always remember your use of computer gadgets to graph things I could only figure out with pencil! And, in working with you over the past few quarters, you always seem to have such great ideas and insight into teaching. Just a side note to say, I think you will make a really wonderful teacher!
Back to the blog you posted on . . . I can see that this person's layout style has influenced you. You have that same moving-word style on the side - very eye catching. I like how this person tied in a meaningful quote to the title of their blog, and the description about it. That alone tells you this person writes with reflection and meaning. Good Blog, thanks Cody!
I loved the different style of this blog you found. I saved the link so I can go back and borrow ideas from them later on. Thanks for the great find!
How wonderful that you were inspired to make some great new additions to your blog. I love your quick find application! Although content is always important, the layout is also important.
Post a Comment